Everybody loves the comfort of a creamy bowl of fettuccine alfredo, but not so much the guilt that accompanies it. Guilt be gone! This vegan fettuccine alfredo is not only good for you, but is made in one pot; so don’t stress the dishes as you’re recovering from your food coma.
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups organic soy milk
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 8oz fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup roasted cherry tomatoes
- On medium heat, add garlic, butter, oil, and a sprinkle of salt to a large skillet or pan big enough to fit the fettuccine pasta for a few minutes to get the garlic juices flowing and the butter melted. About 5 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, organic soy milk, and all seasonings. Bring to a boil then bring heat down to low-medium heat.
- Place in fettuccine pasta. Press it down gently with tongs to submerge in the liquid. The pasta will absorb the liquid as it cooks making the Alfredo sauce thicker.
- Let the pasta cook for 15 minutes and add in the 1 cup of peas at this time. This will be more than normal to usually cook pasta but it will be just fine. Stir occasionally so it’s not sticking together. You can also lower the heat so nothing burns.
- At this point you can add in more milk if you feel the pasta is absorbing too much. I added a 1/2 cup extra of soy milk towards the end. All it does it make it creamier so don’t worry about adding too much.
- Adjust the seasonings to your liking. Always taste as you go. You may feel it needs more salt, or a little more garlic.
- While that’s cooking preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cherry tomatoes on the pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for the same duration as the pasta, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are done add to the pot with fettuccine and mix well. Serve with garlic toast or a side salad and Enjoy!